You are here:   Articles

Articles Lodging on the Santa Fe River, Alachua County, Florida

Minimize

Yurt on the Santa Fe River

I own it, but seldom do I use it. That day I was at the river house two miles down the Santa Fe River knowing that a guest was coming to have accommodations for the night among the trees. Why not go there myself to enjoy the ambiance?

What a treat. I arrive at sunset, deciding to carry two chairs to my Santa Fe River bank. Rain had been falling for a week, but for a brief moment patches of blue, turning rosy in the sunset drifted above the river. Peace descends as I sip my glass of wine. As a gentle mist drizzles down, I meander back to the yurt.

Rather than fire up the Coleman stove, I take my wine bottle, hummus and crackers, sandwich up into the tree encircled yurt. Solitude is profound as I wait for a waxing moon to illuminate gray skies. Owls begin to send their message “I'm here,” to the longed-for mate answering “I'm here too; come to see me.” No radio, no television , no computer...ahh, but cell phone I have.

I text and call my son who built the yurt with me and his brother more than 10 years ago. “I'm here. It's just as wonderful as when we built it. At 76, I can still enjoy this retreat into nature with no one there but me.”

Post Rating

Comments

銇嶃倢銇勩倎娲俱伀浜烘皸銇偣銉嬨兗銈兗銉栥儵銉炽儔銇紵銉儑銈c兗銈广伀銇娿仚銇欍倎銇ぇ浜恒偣銉嬨兗銈兗鐗归泦
Friday, November 1, 2019 10:10 PM
懈薪褌械褉薪械褌 屑邪谐邪蟹懈薪 屑褍卸褋泻芯泄 芯写械卸写褘 蟹懈屑薪懈械 泻褍褉褌泻懈 vivacana 胁 褉芯褋褋懈懈屑邪褏褉芯胁褘泄 写械褌褋泻懈泄 泻芯屑斜懈薪械蟹芯薪 泻懈谐褍褉褍屑懈 褉. 36 40 36 懈胁邪薪芯蟹懈屑薪褟褟 泻褍褉褌泻邪 屑褍卸褋泻邪褟 斜芯谢褜褕芯谐芯 褉邪蟹屑械褉邪 褉邪褋锌褉芯写邪卸邪屑邪泄泻邪 屑褍卸褋泻邪褟 dorea 1010 泻褍锌懈褌褜 胁 褍泻褉邪懈薪械
銇嶃倢銇勩倎娲俱伀浜烘皸銇偣銉嬨兗銈兗銉栥儵銉炽儔銇紵銉儑銈c兗銈广伀銇娿仚銇欍倎銇ぇ浜恒偣銉嬨兗銈兗鐗归泦 http://www.merokankai.com/lozeau/%e3%81%8d%e3%82%8c%e3%81%84%e3%82%81%e6%b4%be%e3%81%ab%e4%ba%ba%e6%b0%97%e3%81%ae%e3%82%b9%e3%83%8b%e3%83%bc%e3%82%ab%e3%83%bc%e3%83%96%e3%83%a9%e3%83%b3%e3%83%89%e3%81%af%ef%bc%9f%e3%83%ac%e3%83%87%e3%82%a3%e3%83%bc%e3%82%b9%e3%81%ab%e3%81%8a%e3%81%99%e3%81%99%e3%82%81%e3%81%ae%e5%a4%a7%e4%ba%ba%e3%82%b9%e3%83%8b%e3%83%bc%e3%82%ab%e3%83%bc%e7%89%b9%e9%9b%86
so f眉hren sie den mit frauen online erfolgreich durch
Saturday, November 9, 2019 8:49 PM
chaquetas y abrigos de plumas hombre compra online a los mejorescolgante de hombre cuero joyer铆a collares y cadenas en mercadoanillo bulgari para save the paperblogdise帽os de joyer铆a india online
so f眉hren sie den mit frauen online erfolgreich durch http://www.hiphoponthewire.com/tatamy/so-f%c3%bchren-sie-den-mit-frauen-online-erfolgreich-durch
Michael Dep
Thursday, November 14, 2019 7:18 AM
Such a wonderful Blog. Thank You So Much for sharing this post. You may also visit my website Diplomacovers.net where you will find the best graduation products like Diploma Covers, Diploma Holders, Wholesale Diploma Covers, Custom Diploma Cover, Graduation Tassels online.
mtom
# mtom
Saturday, November 16, 2019 10:49 AM
Hello this is a great post. I’m going to email this to my friends. I stumbled on this while browsing on bing I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. Beard trimming midtown
Rank Feed
# Rank Feed
Saturday, November 23, 2019 9:58 AM
This is my first visit to your web journal! We are a group of volunteers and new activities in the same specialty. Website gave us helpful data to work. Nashville tree service
mtom
# mtom
Monday, November 25, 2019 1:26 PM
my dad is a massage therapist and he can really relieve minor pains and injuries“ 메이저사이트
mtom
# mtom
Wednesday, November 27, 2019 11:37 AM
I discovered your blog site internet site on yahoo and appearance some of your early posts. Always maintain inside the good operate. I just extra increase RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. Seeking forward to reading far more on your part down the road!… Bubble Shooter
nike md runner 2 谞注诇讬 谞讬讬拽讬 诇讬诇讚讬诐 讻讞讜诇讬 谞注诇讬 诪专讟讬
Monday, December 2, 2019 5:44 PM
blusa mujer manga 3 4 asim茅trica crepe cuadroszapatillas ninos marca champion talla zapatillas nuevo enrelogio casio g shock gba 400 4 original g mix bluetoothguay sandalias nike benassi jdi comprando ahora sandalias
nike md runner 2 谞注诇讬 谞讬讬拽讬 诇讬诇讚讬诐 讻讞讜诇讬 谞注诇讬 诪专讟讬 http://www.olusolacokerblog.com/maynard/nike-md-runner-2-%d7%a0%d7%a2%d7%9c%d7%99-%d7%a0%d7%99%d7%99%d7%a7%d7%99-%d7%9c%d7%99%d7%9c%d7%93%d7%99%d7%9d-%d7%9b%d7%97%d7%95%d7%9c%d7%99-%d7%a0%d7%a2%d7%9c%d7%99-%d7%9e%d7%a8%d7%98%d7%99
mtom
# mtom
Thursday, December 5, 2019 3:17 PM
i love to listen on audiobooks while travelling on a bus, i could learn a lot from it while travelling;; Men’s haircut fitzrovia

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was just lookuping for this information to get a while. Approximately two hrs of online lookuping, thankfully I obtained it in your website. I do not understand why Bing don’t exhibit this form of resourceful internet sites in the first web page. Generally the leading websites are craps. Perhaps it is time to alter to another research engine. 안전공원사이트
kyrie 5 spongebob
Thursday, December 5, 2019 7:48 PM
very nice submit, i actually love this website, keep on it
round tube box
Saturday, December 7, 2019 4:05 PM
it is a very nice blod and ials like the observation round tube box
mtom
# mtom
Monday, December 9, 2019 8:03 AM
It’s nearly impossible to find knowledgeable folks about this topic, however you could be seen as do you know what you’re talking about! Thanks GOODGE STREET BARBERS
48.61 mens daily basic fall regular jacket
Monday, December 9, 2019 6:39 PM
puma plecak buzz cena 39kompleksowa piel臋gnacja suchej sk贸ry kobieta wbluza polar milo anas lady rozmiar spikowana kurtka na zim臋 czarna
48.61 mens daily basic fall regular jacket http://www.courtneyencourages.com/massac/48.61-mens-daily-basic-fall-regular-jacket
alpha industries herren jacke ma 1 tt long
Tuesday, December 10, 2019 9:48 AM
petit bateau lot 2 tee shirt mc hvidautostol r枚mer 15 36 kg sammenlign priser hos pricerunnerleopard velour og sort l忙der pung med k忙denewtons vugge 10 cm
alpha industries herren jacke ma 1 tt long http://www.colocoleit.com/verdon/alpha-industries-herren-jacke-ma-1-tt-long
mtom
# mtom
Tuesday, December 10, 2019 10:25 AM
You lost me, friend. I am talking about, I imagine I get what youre saying. I’m sure what you’re saying, but the truth is just seem to have forgotten that might be other folks inside the world who view this matter for which it is really and might perhaps not agree with you. You will be turning away many folks who had been lovers of this website. 토토가족방
denim shorts wearelse boutique shorts
Tuesday, December 10, 2019 8:00 PM
rarest nikes in the worldasics kayano 20 womens running shoesair max releasearcteryx beta lt
denim shorts wearelse boutique shorts http://www.tobbyandscooby.com/girty/denim-shorts-wearelse-boutique-shorts
Wednesday, December 11, 2019 12:07 PM
salon jubilerski opole ch turawa park aweg sklepniebieskie klapki z kokard膮buty puma suede platform snk jr puma black 363906023szt laserowe majtki wyszczuplaj膮ce modeluj膮ce xxl ceny i opinie
kvky canvas torebki damskie marki wysokiej jako艣ci hobos pojedyncze torby na rami臋 rocznika sta艂e multi pocket kobiece panie skr http://www.mediamissionnews.com/silas/kvky-canvas-torebki-damskie-marki-wysokiej-jako%c5%9bci-hobos-pojedyncze-torby-na-rami%c4%99-rocznika-sta%c5%82e-multi-pocket-kobiece-panie-skr
paul smith boys grey dino tyrell t shirt
Thursday, December 12, 2019 6:25 PM
carnage mask cletus kasady hq resin by godofprops godofpropsapparel aria quantum f okada blue dragon motorcycle helmetpro tec the classic bike helmet rei co ophelmet 4 year old ash cycles
paul smith boys grey dino tyrell t shirt http://www.rebnews.co.uk/pembroke/paul-smith-boys-grey-dino-tyrell-t-shirt

Name (required)

Email (required)

Website

Enter the code shown above in the box below